The Old Barn
A versatile professional leader with proven experience in the management
and teaching of both civilian and service staff. A competent decision maker,
accustomed to working to tight deadlines.
1979 – 1985 Widey High School
for Boys, 4 ‘O’ Levels, 6 CSEs.
1997 – 1998 Estover Community
College Access to Higher Education, Sports Studies. Credits 5 level
2, 20 level 3.
1998 – 2001 University
College of St Mark and St John, BA (Hons) Sport and Recreation/ Leisure and
Class with dissertation
2001 - 2002 Wiltshire College,
Further Adult Education Teaching Certificate 1 & 2. Certificate in Education
2002-Present Wiltshire College – Programme Leader:
- Managing the National Diploma in Public Services.
- Curriculum development including E-Learning.
- Leading a team of highly motivated professionals.
- Creating and maintaining links with industry
2001- 2002 Wiltshire College – Lecturer
- Teaching on both Public Service and Sport courses.
- Working with colleagues to develop e-education.
- Providing appropriate academic and pastoral support as course
1998 – 2001 Major League Soccer
- Player Development Officer and Coach, USA
- Recruiting prospective employees for the summer.
- Conducting interviews, presentations and assessing candidates.
- Supervising soccer camps and specialised coaches’ clinics in
- Advising club management on organisational and coaching issues.
1997 – 2000 South
West Soccer Development Programme, Junior Development Coach
1985 – 1998 HM Forces
- Recruiting Officer
- Specialised programme for current teams in the Devon Junior
- Presenting planning and development information at various levels.
- Designing recruitment models.
- Supervising road shows and dealing with the press.
- Conducting interviews and testing applicants.
- Writing reports, assessments and maintaining a working database.
Assistant Manager, Army Youth Team Exeter, UK.
- Working with schools and colleges throughout the West Country.
- Writing and managing exercises to assess student’s level of
- Selecting the desirable candidates and reporting on their strengths
- Organising teambuilding courses for potential officers.
- Conducting outdoor pursuits activities for young people.
- Responsible for maintaining the correct qualifications within
Communications Advisor, Yugoslavia.
- Provide communications for the United Nations liaison officer.
- Managed an Anglo French detachment comprising of 2 English,
3 French and 1 Croat interpreter.
- Responsible for over £2 million pounds of military hardware.
Communications Instructor, Germany.
- Writing and conducting courses at entry and expert level both
theoretical and practical.
- Teaching all aspects of communication theory at the Communications
- Communications advisor for a company of 120 men.
- Responsible for the maintaining of standards and qualifications.
- FA Coaching Certificate (1999)
- City and Guilds – Information Technology (1998)
Clean Driving License
- Mountain First Aid (1998)
- RYA Level 1 (2002)
- Single Pitch Award Training (1996)
- Mountain Leader Summer Training (1995)
- Junior Non-Commissioned Officer (1991)